Friday 30 May 2014

Fontaine Maxi at Chijmes

Since ages ago, I always wish to own a maxi dress because I think it makes one look so elegant. However, I was always unable to find a suitable one. All the maxis I saw are either too long, too short or has awkward prints that I do not fancy. One day however, I chanced upon Catwalkclose's Fontaine maxi and fell in love with it instantly. The floral prints were not only pretty but the length fits me as well. Moreover, the design is casual which means I can wear it to anywhere in Singapore, not too lavish or too beach-y if you know what I mean. :)

Being a maxi, the perfect pair of shoes will definitely be heels. Hence, I chose to pair it with fox-out braided sandals which has 2 inches of heels. As I am not a heels person and of a height of 162cm (which in my opinion is taller than most average girls nowadays). Hence, this pair of heels is perfect as not only does it make me taller, the height balance is kept as well as it does not make me look like giant either. I was thus delighted when I managed to get hold on this pair of heels. 

When I received the dress, I was shocked because the quality was beyond my expectations. It was nicely sewn, with a layer within and despite the slits, there is a semi petticoat to prevent any accidental protrusion.I love the silts as well as it keeps me airy in this hot, sunny Singapore which means I can wear it all year round. 

Here are some photos of this amazing Fontaine maxi taken at Chijmes which held a lot of memories for an IJ girl myself. I was bewildered though when I got there because surrounding me now were all constructions. I hope that despite all the constructions, the place will still remain as it has too much a rich history to be sacrificed. 

Btw, good news for you girls is that, Fontaine maxi is still on sale on catwalkclose.com. As the model is a Caucasian, you may feel unease to purchase because logically most caucasians are a minimum of 170cm. Hence, here are my measurements for you guys to gauge. :) I am 162cm and the dress fits me nicely till my feet. It is thus better to pair it with heels so that you do not step on the dress when you walk. 













With faith and love-J

No comments:

Post a Comment